Avascular Necrosis

Kevin
Hello all,

I'm KVG from Canada. After being on a few mgs of prednisone over the past two years, with methotrexate, I've just been told I have a small flare up.

My team, with communication from the Mayo Clinic, has decided my best route is back to the IV solu medrol for 5 days.

My question is to do with the long term use of cortico steroids. For those of you being on long term steroids, or having taken the IV, has anyone developed any osteoporosis or have been advised of any bone density issues? My ultimate concern is avascular necrosis and it's progression.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Avascular Necrosis

Terry
Hi Kevin,

Sorry to hear you have to do the Solu Medrol thing again.

I had many of those when I was first diagnosed (and before I got diagnosed).  Then oral steroids for a couple of years.  I’m happy to say, I’m finally off steroids and don’t take methotrexate.  Most of my drugs are for nerve pain now…So far no bone density issues for me. I do get checked again at the end of the month.

Good luck and hope you get through this quickly.

terry

On Oct 5, 2016, at 10:26 AM, Kevin [via CLIPPERS] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello all,

I'm KVG from Canada. After being on a few mgs of prednisone over the past two years, with methotrexate, I've just been told I have a small flare up.

My team, with communication from the Mayo Clinic, has decided my best route is back to the IV solu medrol for 5 days.

My question is to do with the long term use of cortico steroids. For those of you being on long term steroids, or having taken the IV, has anyone developed any osteoporosis or have been advised of any bone density issues? My ultimate concern is avascular necrosis and it's progression.

Thanks,
Kevin

http://clippers.12400.n7.nabble.com/Avascular-Necrosis-tp158.html
To start a new topic under CLIPPERS, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from CLIPPERS, click here.
NAML

Kim

Re: Avascular Necrosis

Kim
Kevin- my husband took high doses of steroids for 2 1/2 years
 ( up to 120mg) at times, along with Methotrexate, Imuran, ect. and several Solumedrol Infusions . For the last year or so of that they had him take Fosamax until he was able to be off the steroids. Best of Luck to you ~ Kim