Book describing brain inflammation (not CLIPPERS)

Book describing brain inflammation (not CLIPPERS)

Will
Hey Bill and everyone. I'd like to recommend a book I just finished called "Brain on Fire" by Susannah Cahalan. It is about Susannah's experience with brain inflammation. Not CLIPPERS but similar in treatment and prognosis. Her inflammation was not visible on MRI and effected the cerebral portion of her brain. The two main differences, This caused dramatic personality shifts. Her syndrome is call "Anti-NMDA receptor antibody encephalitis" and is nearly as rare as CLIPPERS. She was case 187 in 2009. I don't want to give too much of the story away. She is a professional writer and struggles to get back to herself after almost being committed to psychiatric hospital ward. I found it surprisingly uplifting and a compiling story.

Re: Book describing brain inflammation (not CLIPPERS)

Terry
I will. Library is closed until August 5 for renovations

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 28, 2015, at 3:32 PM, Will [via CLIPPERS] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey Bill and everyone. I'd like to recommend a book I just finished called "Brain on Fire" by Susannah Cahalan. It is about Susannah's experience with brain inflammation. Not CLIPPERS but similar in treatment and prognosis. Her inflammation was not visible on MRI and effected the cerebral portion of her brain. The two main differences, This caused dramatic personality shifts. Her syndrome is call "Anti-NMDA receptor antibody encephalitis" and is nearly as rare as CLIPPERS. She was case 187 in 2009. I don't want to give too much of the story away. She is a professional writer and struggles to get back to herself after almost being committed to psychiatric hospital ward. I found it surprisingly uplifting and a compiling story.

http://clippers.12400.n7.nabble.com/Book-describing-brain-inflammation-not-CLIPPERS-tp129.html
To start a new topic under CLIPPERS, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from CLIPPERS, click here.
NAML

Re: Book describing brain inflammation (not CLIPPERS)

Shelly
I'm on the list, however, it doesn't sound much like clippers to me.

Sent from my iPad

http://clippers.12400.n7.nabble.com/Book-describing-brain-inflammation-not-CLIPPERS-tp129p130.html
NAML

Re: Book describing brain inflammation (not CLIPPERS)

Terry
I think they had a hard time diagnosing

Sent from my iPhone

http://clippers.12400.n7.nabble.com/Book-describing-brain-inflammation-not-CLIPPERS-tp129p131.html
NAML

Re: Book describing brain inflammation (not CLIPPERS)

Shelly
Yeah.  I've heard about that book before - always sounded interesting

Sent from my iPad

http://clippers.12400.n7.nabble.com/Book-describing-brain-inflammation-not-CLIPPERS-tp129p132.html
NAML

Re: Book describing brain inflammation (not CLIPPERS)

Terry
I just signed up for it.  Next in line.  I’m such a slow reader, i bet you even read it before i get done.

On Jul 28, 2015, at 3:32 PM, Will [via CLIPPERS] <<a href="x-msg://12/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=130&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey Bill and everyone. I'd like to recommend a book I just finished called "Brain on Fire" by Susannah Cahalan. It is about Susannah's experience with brain inflammation. Not CLIPPERS but similar in treatment and prognosis. Her inflammation was not visible on MRI and effected the cerebral portion of her brain. The two main differences, This caused dramatic personality shifts. Her syndrome is call "Anti-NMDA receptor antibody encephalitis" and is nearly as rare as CLIPPERS. She was case 187 in 2009. I don't want to give too much of the story away. She is a professional writer and struggles to get back to herself after almost being committed to psychiatric hospital ward. I found it surprisingly uplifting and a compiling story.

http://clippers.12400.n7.nabble.com/Book-describing-brain-inflammation-not-CLIPPERS-tp129.html
To start a new topic under CLIPPERS, email <a href="x-msg://12/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=130&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from CLIPPERS, click here.
NAML

http://clippers.12400.n7.nabble.com/Book-describing-brain-inflammation-not-CLIPPERS-tp129p130.html
To start a new topic under CLIPPERS, email <a href="x-msg://12/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=131&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from CLIPPERS, click here.
NAML

http://clippers.12400.n7.nabble.com/Book-describing-brain-inflammation-not-CLIPPERS-tp129p131.html
To start a new topic under CLIPPERS, email <a href="x-msg://12/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=132&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from CLIPPERS, click here.
NAML

http://clippers.12400.n7.nabble.com/Book-describing-brain-inflammation-not-CLIPPERS-tp129p132.html
To start a new topic under CLIPPERS, email <a href="x-msg://12/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=133&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]

http://clippers.12400.n7.nabble.com/Book-describing-brain-inflammation-not-CLIPPERS-tp129p133.html