Hi there, looks like I don't like to fit in just like you lot :D

Hi there, looks like I don't like to fit in just like you lot :D

Kara

Hi there clippers and non clippers.
My name is Kara Harris and I am 27 years old. I was diagnosed with clippers disease yesterday at sea croft hospital in leeds.
It’s pretty mad to actually sit down and know what is going on
(we’ll sort of) instead of the constant guessing games and limbo that I’m used to!!
So a brief history:
Back in 2010 when I was 22 I suddenly became very verry ill. I lost total balance half my face and tongue went numb and a got double vision, my hearing got way way sensitive and I sounded like a drunk person constantly!! I struggled with my swallowing reflex and my bowels shut down for ABOUT 1 and a half MONTHS, and it’s not a pretty thing when your burps smell like farts hahahaha!!!
Anyway I was taken to hospital and put on a steroid infusion, I was sent home but did not get much better, there were slight improvement but really not very much! I spent a month in bed not able to do anything for my self!!
We all assumed Ms to be the coulpret and as I have 1 kick ass twin sister she started me and herself on the best bet diet straight away!!
A few months later as things were improving slowly I was at the bowel specalist with my mum. My nuro called and I went to leeds hospital!!! From what I rember the day went like this:
Hi,
Hi,
KARA do you know why you are here?
Yes Ms diagnosis
No you have a very very aggressive non opebral brain stem Toumor, you probably have to christmas 2011!!!

Anyway to make a long story short they took a biopsy, results were negative, I was given a cis diagnosis but I carried on to have issues. I tried and tried to tell Dr that this diagnosis wasn’t right but to no avail. I was getting used to dr blaming everything on anxiety, even when I was struggling to walk…. Anxiety. Any way 5 years later and many different neuros I have a clippers diagnosis.
Do I feel scared? yes
But can I OWNE The disease and not the diseas owning me….most defenetly!!!!
I strongly believe diet and lifestyle play a huge part in our health and it is by this way that I try to help myself.
I have a facebook site called “health matters by Kara harris”
I would love to hear from others with clippers, offer and receive support and be able to go through this together and not alone  I am currently not on medication ( it is a necessaty to some but I personally avoid it but will take it when needed).
Love to hear from you kara xxx