Medications besides Steroids

ValerieS
Im wondering what immunosuppressive drugs are being used within this group in addition to the Prednisone. I am on Imuran and wondered if anyone is being treated with Rituxan and if it was effective at all. I'm skeptical as I believe my disease, when in an aggressive flare, responds to Prednisone mostly.

Thanks for anything you may share.

Valerie
New York, USA
Kim

Re: Medications besides Steroids

Kim
Hi Valerie - sorry so long to reply but wanted to let you know my husband tried Rituxamab  after experiencing a terrific seizure in May of 2015. Diagnosed with a brain biopsy in May of 2013, he had been on steroids and immuno-suppressing drugs previous to Rituxan   He has only improved since the June treatment and has been on 40 mg of prednizone. Next scan scheduled in four weeks. He had been on  Steroids and Methotrexate and then switched to Imuran before trying the Rituxan but always relapsed when the steroids were reduced.
- Best of luck to you on this bumpy ride they call clippers.

Re: Medications besides Steroids

Camillle
Hi Valerie
I am recently diagnosed with CLIPPERS after not being able to walk, talk , double vision, facial
Numbness, short term memory loss!  I too am aNew Yorker!  I am 65 married 3 kids and 3 1/2 grandchildren!  I'd love to chat!  Here's my email meallie5@aol.com
Hope you are doing well, Camille