Re: Nerve Pain

Terry
He said the nerve pain would most likely improve - the protective myelin sheath grows very slow.

I noticed improvement when I first started taking gabapentin (600 mg/day) .  Then, the pain got worse and he increased the dose to 1200 mg/day.  Once again, the pain got worse and he increased the dose to 2000 mg/day.  When that wasn’t doing the trick, he kept me on gabapentin and amitripyline and added Cymbalta.  That took almost a month to kick in, but I certainly feel better.  I was hesitant to keep calling the doctor, but was encouraged by my family to do so.

Hope this helps.  Email if you have any other questions about what I experienced.

Terry

On May 29, 2014, at 6:32 PM, owens23 [via CLIPPERS] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Again Terry,
                         My daughter was excited that you had replied and had a couple of questions. She would like to know what your Neurologist felt your prognosis would be in regards to the nerve pain, will it respond to treatment or eventually improve on its own. Nicole is taking  wellbutrin as well as gabapentin both at fairly low doses, she wonders at what dosage did you start noticing an improvement? She had an negative experience with amitripyline causing a severe depressive state and is very careful about side effects as a result.

regards, Owen.

Re: Nerve Pain

Terry
Owen, Can you email me from your address because I have a couple of questions for you? You should have my email address from an earlier post. Thanks, Terry