Rituxan seems to be working for now

Kim

Rituxan seems to be working for now

Kim
After a Brain Biopsy and two years of continually relapsing  [May 2013 -June 2015] , trying Methotrexate and dimethazone and  then Imuran and Prednizone, Dee experienced a Grand Mal  seizure.
 Faced with the choice of another brain biopsy or to try a Rituxan Treatment we chose Rituxan.
The Rituxan was given with Solumedrol one infusion a week for Four weeks the month of June 2015. Dee had been on 120mg of Prednizone previously and was able to reduce to 60mg ,then 50mg, then 40mg.
Dee's last scan was amazingly clear and a year from his seizure he has tapered from 30mg  to 20 mg of Prednizone and in three weeks reduces to 10mg!
Next scan in July. Keeping Fingers crossed....
Dee  also continues to be part of the Mayo Clinic Study.

Re: Rituxan seems to be working for now

BillCrum
Administrator
Dear Kim,

Thanks for the update. This drug Rituxan seems to have been very effective for Dee - cutting down Prednizone can be no bad thing. I hope this improvement is reflected in the next scan and sustained.

Best Wishes

-Bill
Kim

Re: Rituxan seems to be working for now

Kim
Thanks Bill- on July 21 st (the lastest scan) showed no new enhancements !
Dee now, as of tomorrow,  reduces from 10mg Prednizone to 5mg then 2.5 then off !
This is great to see and we check back in four months from now. One thing  for sure, Clippers learn to live with uncertainty.....
Kim

Re:update to Rituxan treatment

Kim
After Rituxin TX and steroids 60mg for a year and being stable with clear scans for a year
tried to taper off steroids and took nothing for four months.
Results were Relapse... back to lesions on scan

started another Treatment:
 4 weekly treatments of Rituxin and 1000mg Solumedral
daily 60mg prednizone
waiting to see improvement

Seems as though we always have to fight back harder
when trying to reduce off the steroids
May have to always stay on some amount

Re: Re:update to Rituxan treatment

DianeC
Hi Kim,

I know this is over a year old but i was wondering if you still were having some success with Rituxan?

My husband was diagnosed with CLIPPERS in 2012 and the last six years have been a nightmare of various medications, treatments and relapses.  He's going to see a new neurologist this week and we will ask about Rituxan.

Diane